Leave a comment
May 9, 2012 by greenhouse04
Wow, what a difference it makes to have children who are actually mine. Here’s some of the differences it makes:
- I can buy clothes on sale at the end of one season for the kids to wear next year.
- I get to hear my son yell, “Daddy’s home!” and hear my husband greet him with “hello, son!”
- I get to hear “Mommy!…” at least a hundred times a day.
- I get to cut my kids’ hair whenever and however I like.
- I get to look forward to potty-training my daughter.
- I get to hope that this new van we bought will last until my son learns to drive it.
- I can mark how tall my children are, knowing that next year I’ll get to mark their height again!
- I get to pray and try all the harder to be a good mommy, knowing that how I treat my kids will hugely impact the rest of their lives.
- I can take my children to their immunization appointments as their legal guardian – no one else needs to come with me.
- I get to write the same last name as my own on their paperwork.
- I can swat my 18-month-old’s hand without worrying that some social worker will find out and take her away!
- I can give my children whatever medication I think appropriate without recording every last drop.
- I can find whatever babysitter I want to watch my kids.
- I get to look forward to many Christmases and family vacations and birthdays yet to come!
- When people ask, “Do you have any children?” I can say, “Yes, two!”
- I get to celebrate this Mother’s Day as a legal Mom!